The Illinois Youth Soccer 5-Star Competitive Club Recognition will be awarded to an Illinois Youth Soccer Member Competitive Club that promotes Illinois Youth Soccer programs, coaching education, referee development, risk management, parent education and sideline behavior.
Illinois Youth Soccer will recognize the 5-Star award recipient on its website and publications and provide the 5-Star Competitive Club Recognition medallion for display on the recipient’s website and publications.
Illinois Youth Soccer 5-Star Competitive Club Application
Illinois Youth Soccer 5-Star Competitive Club Criteria
Illinois Youth Soccer Membership & Support
All of the Club’s competitive teams/players and recreational program teams/players, with the exception of the club’s US Soccer Academy primary teams that are excluded from participating in any other program, must be registered with an Illinois Youth Soccer member league.
The Club must actively support Illinois Youth Soccer programs and encourage their players to participate in the Illinois Olympic Development Program.
The Club must place Illinois Youth Soccer logo and link on its website free of charge to IYSA.
All the Club’s competitive coaches must have the following US Soccer Federation licenses:
- All U9-U12 coaches must have at least an ‘E’ License
- All U13 and up coaches must have at least a ‘D’ License
- All Directors of Coaching must have at least a ‘C’ License AND a National Youth License
All referees including assistant referees that the Club assigns must have a US Soccer license.
The Club must meet all of the following Illinois Youth Soccer risk management criteria:
- All goals used by the Club, whether they are in use or not, must be anchored and stored according to the goal manufacturer’s safety standards. All fields, nets and equipment must be safe.
- All coaches, assistant coaches, administrative staff, board members, referees and all affected persons 18 or older must submit a background check.
- All coaches must submit a certificate to the Club showing that they have successfully completed the Center for Disease Control (CDC) Heads Up Concussion test.
- All coaches must use the Illinois Youth Soccer Concussion Notification Form.
Parent Education and Sideline Behavior
The Club must certify and document that it has a parent behavior program in place.
Illinois Youth Soccer 5-Star Club Recognition Benefits
A Club that earns the prestigious Illinois Youth Soccer 5-Star Club Recognition will receive the following benefits from Illinois Youth Soccer:
- Illinois Youth Soccer 5-Star Club Recognition Logo for display on the Club’s website and publications
- Listing on Illinois Youth Soccer website, e-newsletter and Network News that is distributed to approximately 90,000 families statewide
- One (1 ) free banner ad in Illinois Kicks e-newsletter for the Club’s next tryouts
- One (1) free ‘E’ or ‘D’ coaching course credit for use by one of the Club’s coaching candidates
- Other promotional opportunities