In Fall 2016, Illinois Youth Soccer and its member competitive leagues partnered to launch the new Illinois MRL Qualifying Division, part of the State Premiership, as a direct path for teams to earn their spot into the prestigious Midwest Regional League (MRL). THIS EVENT IS DESIGNED FOR THE MOST COMPETITIVE TEAMS IN THE STATE OF ILLINOIS.
Fall 2017 Details
Registration is now open for the 2005 (13U) Illinois MRL Qualifying Division.
MRL will have a 13U Division starting Spring 2018, the Illinois MRL Qualifying Division for 2005 (13U) teams will be run during the Fall 2017 season. Depending on the numbe of teams that register the competition will consist of:
- 7-11 games
- The top 6 teams may play additional round robin games November 3-5, if needed, to determine which teams get selected for the MRL Premier Divisions for Spring
What is the purpose of the Illinois MRL Qualifying Division:
The ultimate purpose is for the top 13U teams to earn a position in the Midwest Regional League.
In addition, the division will also:
- Provide meaningful matches for teams in the 13U age division and help teams prepare for MRL
- Determine Spring State Cup seeding for 13U age.
- Earn teams GotSoccer points
- Secure teams spots in State Premiership should they choose to compete in it
How do I register for the MRL Qualifying Division?
The MRL Qualifying Division is open to any team registered with an Illinois Youth Soccer member competitive league. Again, this event is designed for the most competitive teams in the state of Illinois.
Registration for the MRL Qualifying Division will follow the same format as most Illinois Youth Soccer events:
- Teams MUST register with an Illinois Youth Soccer member competitive league and pay the required league registration fees. When registering with the league for the Fall season, teams should register for the following division, depending on the member competitive league they register with:
- Central Illinois Youth Soccer League: Contact league about registration
- Illinois Women’s Soccer League: U-13 MRL Division
- Illowa: Contact league about registration
- SLYSA Illinois: Contact league about registration
- Young Sportsmen’s Soccer League: U-13 MRL
- Teams must also register for the event in GotSoccer. Team can register for the MRL Qualifying Division here
Teams are also required to compete in State Cup or Presidents Cup to be eligible for MRL.
How many teams will get a MRL spots at 13U?
Illinois is guaranteed at least 8 spots per age group for MRL.
Illinois has historically secured more than 8 MRL spots. Any additional spots will be filled from the Illinois MRL Qualifying Division.
What are the fees?
Teams are required to pay the following to participate in the MRL Qualifying Division:
- Member Illinois Youth Soccer competitive league registration fee
- $250 MRL Qualifying Competition fee, paid to Illinois Youth Soccer
- $80 per game referee fee. Illinois Youth Soccer will provide the entire 3-person crew.
- $100 field rental fee to the Rockford Park Distrcit should the teams play additional game November 3-5
What is the schedule?
The number of teams that register will determine the final schedule. Teams should expect to play 7-11 games.
Games will be self-schedule and home team host.
As travel is a major component of MRL play, teams are expected to travel to the team listed as the home team for each match including long distances i.e Chicagoland to the southern portion of the state.
Teams that fail to compete all of their Illinois MRL Qualifying Division games may be removed from the division and not considered for MRL.
Once groups and schedules are finalized, teams are encouraged to work amongst themselves to coordinate weekends in which multiple games could be hosted at one location, similar to an MRL weekend.
What are the roster limits?
Teams are allowed to use any age eligible player (Players born in 2005 and younger) from within their club as long as they have a player pass from a member Illinois Youth Soccer competitive league. No more than 25 players can be used for the competition.
Players are only allowed to compete on one team in the MRL Qualifying competition. If a club has multiple teams in the division, a player can only play for one team.
If a player changes clubs during the season, they may not be added to another MRL Qualifying Division roster during the season.
Example: During the Fall season, Susie leaves Club A and joins Club B. Susie cannot play in any MRL Qualifying Division games with Club B.
What are the deadline and important dates?
- July 7: Registration Deadline
- July 25: Groups/Schedule Announced
- August 1: $250 Registration fees due to Illinois Youth Soccer. Clubs that have not submitted payment by this date may be removed from the division
- August 15: All schedules due
Questions: Chris at 847-290-1577 email@example.com or Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org